Back to Register of Deeds Page

What is your mailing address?
1103 Courthouse Annex, Lewisburg, Tennessee 37091

What are your hours of operation?
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday

Can the Register's office tell me who owns a particular parcel of property?
In accordance with the laws and statutes of the State of Tennessee, all indexes for recorded documents within the Register's office are named based. To search by address you may contact the Marshall County Assessor's Office at 931-359-3238.

How can I obtain a copy of a document?
Documents recorded since October 1, 1972 may be viewed and copied from the PROGRESS website Documents recorded before October 1, 1972 can be obtained either by visiting the Register's office in person, or by sending a written request by mail. Information needed for copies include name of buyer/borrower or seller/lender, date of transaction or recording, and the address of the subject party. Charges for copies made at the Register's office are $.15 per page and up.

Is there a fee for recording documents?
Yes, for calculation of fees please visit our pricing calculator on and click on Fee Calculator.

What methods of payment are accepted by the Register's office?
The Register's office accepts checks, cashier's checks, money orders or cash currency.

Can the Register of Deeds or the staff prepare or help prepare a document?
No. The State of Tennessee prohibits the Register's office and staff from practicing law or from giving legal advice. You are advised to consult with an attorney for assistance.

Can the Register's office tell me if there are any liens recorded on my property?
No. The Register's office does not perform title searches, which is the necessary step to take to determine if there is a lien against a particular parcel of land. You may contact a title company or an attorney to provide this service for you. However, the records of the Register's office are open to the public and are accessible by visiting us at the above address.

Can the Register's office provide a survey of my property?
In most cases, no. The Register's office records plats of subdivisions showing lots within a development; however, some surveys are recorded after obtaining the approval for recording purposes only by the Zoning Department.

Can I find bankruptcies, divorces and other court document in the Register's office?
Bankruptcies, divorces and other court documents are recorded and indexed as the court decrees. However, not all court documents are filed with the Register's office. This will vary according to the requirements within a court decree or an individual's personal choice.