Other Types of Voting Available
:(call election office for more information)
By Mail Voting
Military/ Overseas Citizens Voting
Nursing Home and Assisted Living Facilities VotingCheck your voter status and precinct location at website: www.state.tn.us/sos/electionMarshall County District Numbers:
United States Congressional District: 5th
State House District: 92nd
State Senate District: 28th
Judicial District: 17th (Marshall, Bedford, Lincoln, Moore)
Frequently Asked Questions for Requiring a Photo ID to Vote
Beginning January 1, 2012, all voters must present an ID, meeting the requirements below, containing the voter’s name and photograph, whether voting early or on Election Day.What form of photo ID do I need to bring?
What forms of photo ID are NOT acceptable?
- Tennessee driver’s license with your photo,
- United States Passport,
- Department of Safety photo ID,
- Photo ID issued by the federal or state government,
- United States Military photo ID, or
- Gun permit card with your photo
Who is exempt?
- A college photo ID
- A photo ID not issued by the federal or state government
What if I don’t bring a photo ID to the polling place?
- Voters who vote absentee by mail. (View requirements to vote absentee at: Voter Requirements)
- Voters who are residents in a licensed nursing home or assisted living center and who vote at the facility
- Voters who are hospitalized
- Voters with a religious objection to being photographed
- Voters who are indigent and unable to obtain a photo ID without paying a fee
What if I don’t have a photo ID?
- If you do not bring a photo ID and you are not exempt (see above exemptions), you must vote a provisional ballot.
- You will then have two (2) business days after the election to return to the county election commission offi ce to show a valid photo ID.
• You may obtain a free photo ID from the Tennessee Department of Safety.Where can I find out more information?
Please notify your county election commission if your residence changes.Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
Division of Elections
312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue, 9th Floor • Nashville, TN 37243
Mark Goins, Coordinator of Elections